Friday, March 4, 2011

My DVR is terrible. OR: Top 13, abridged.

Ok, so my DVR did NOT record Idol last night, and that combined with the fact that my five month old refuses to nap today means I'm doing this blog posting in literally three minutes. Sorry to all four of our readers, LOL.

I did watch the first 40 minutes live last night, and in FORTY freaking minutes, they put THREE people through to the top 10--Scotty, Lauren A. and Pia. Seriously, and that took like, five minutes. The rest of it was meaningless filler that I was dreading having to recap anyway.

Rounding out the rest of the top five guys was Jacob Lusk, Paul McDonald, James Durbin and my boy Casey Abrams. The other three girls America voted in were Thia Megia (lol), Karen Rodriguez and shockingly, Haley Reinhart. I say shockingly because I'm amazed that the rest of America wasn't as uncomfortable as I was watching her weird, trying too hard to be sexy performance.

So okay, that left us with 14 losers, and apparently, the panel each got to pick a boy and a girl to basically sing for their lives, which left eight people just totally out in the cold. The ones who got to sing for the girls were Ashthon, Naima and Kendra. The guys were Stefano, who I think JLO totally wants to bang, Jovany, who apparently sang a freaking JON SECADA song, and tiny Robbie Rosen.

So yay that crazy Rachel Zevita and asshole Clint and kooky Brett are now out of our lives forever. I'm sad our girl Julia Gorilla didn't get a shot, but she tanked on that Kelly Clarkson song on Wednesday, so, see ya.

Out of the six semi-losers, the judges finally picked the three that would round out the top 13. Which, top 13 = annoying, except for that year they let SNOOP ANOOP in. Anyway, the judges put Ashthon, Stefano and Naima through.

I don't think this is the worst top 13 we could have ended up with. I love me some Pia, and Lauren Alaina rocked it on Wednesday. And apparently, people other than me are into kooky Paul McDonald, so that's fun.

Pretty much the only people I think we need to lose immediately are Haley, because we already had a skanky Haley on this show once (see: Scarnato, also hot pants) and Naima and Karen don't really do it for me either. For the guys, jury's still out on James Durbin for me, but I love Casey and Paul and relatively enjoy Stefano. And Jacob Lusk, if he tones it down a hair (or a thousand) has the potential to grow on me.

YAY for Hell Week being OVER! Next week, bring on the lame themes! I have no idea what they're doing on Tuesday but I'm sure it'll bring the crazy. Later, gators!

No comments: