Friday, March 18, 2011

Yesterday was Thursday, and the results show.

Sorry for the delay, dear readers! I was so not up for blogging last night, especially a results show. But I love you so much that I'm dedicating the first part of my Friday night to something involving the Black Eyed Peas, so here we go.

I love JLo's dress. And OMG, Steven Tyler is wearing a purple sequined... something. Is it a jacket? An unbuttoned shirt? I honestly can't tell, but whatever it is looks like the love child of one of Chuck Bass's purple blazers and Serena van der Woodson's sequined skirts. Maybe it's stolen from Liza Minelli's closet? Cue the cheesy group performance!

It's Born To Be Wild... then Born This Way. Huh? Because they both have born in the title and this is year you were born week? That's about as creative as when Lee sang with Chicago last year, because he's from Chicago. Oh man, this just doesn't work, though at the end when they're singing both choruses at the end, it's kind of fun. Takes awhile to get there, though. Also, Haley can't dance.

FORD! music video. Dumb.

Idol claims to be celebrating its "10 year anniversary," which is false. It's the 10th season, not the 10th year, and I know this because this show started in the summer of 2002 when I was interning in New York, and everyone I lived with was watching, and I didn't get it until I agreed to one night and then got sucked in when I heard Kelly Clarkson. And then they moved really fast to make the second season, in the spring of 2003, and they held auditions in the fall of 2002, and I know this because I drove from Meadville to Detroit to try to audition only to not even get in the door. And then in the spring of 2003, Lindsay and I bonded over our mutual love of Clay Aiken, and many years later, this blog was born.

Whew. Writing that got me through an entire Q&A segment. Woo!

Ryan calls on Jacob, Casey, and Lauren. They're all safe. Next: Haley and Paul. Haley is in the bottom 3. Oh good, Pit Bull is in the audience with Mark Anthony. Who cares, because it's time for LEEEEEE. OMG, I love his voice. And he's adorable. Wow, he sounds more like Dave Matthews on this song than I've ever heard him, which is reason #340,983 why he should have sung Crash on this show last year. Aww, we love you Lee. Call us.

Time for Scotty, Pia, and James. James clearly read the MSHBB Manual and knew to impress us by singing Bon Jovi. #Oldladyvote, meh. Pia, you're amazing. They're all safe, obvi. Naima and Stefano. JLo soooo wants to bang Stefano. Naima is in the bottom 3, no surprise there. Finally, MySpace Karen and Thia, who is wearing Pocahontas braids. Karen rounds out the bottom 3.

Black Eyed Peas. Ugh. Didn't they ruin television enough during the Super Bowl halftime show? Fast forward.

Finally, results time. Karen is voted out, no judges save, cue the David Cook music and peace out. See you next week!

No comments: