Thursday, March 10, 2011

This isn't American Hair Idol

Can someone tell me when exactly Sean Combs decided to become "Diddy Dirty Money"? This guy has had more name changes in the past fifteen years. JUST PICK ONE. JLo's left sleeve is compensating for the fact that her right arm is naked. Adam Lambert is here. THIS....is American Idol.

Casey's in the hospital?? Well, shit. Ryan is talking to him through the TV like he's in nursery school. He's sick Ryan, not four years old. Get better soon, Casey!

Footage of the contestants moving into their house. It's insane, as can be expected. I really can't stand Haley's face. I'm sorry if that sounds bitchy, but it's true. Her face makes me crazy, and I can't figure out why. The kitchen in this house is amazeballs. And this coming from someone who hates to cook.

First cheesy group number of 2011! MJ medley starting with "Wanna Be Starting Something." I actually love this song. So much cray cray going on with everyone's outfits, I don't even know where to look first. Should I talk again about where Brenna and I were when MJ died? No? Guys, Paul McDonald's pants are SO TIGHT. I mean, so....soooo tight. Aww, "Man in the Mirror"--remember when Kris sang this, and we made fun of him and then we loved him. I gotta say, as group numbers go, this wasn't terrible.

The show is 1/4 of the way over and of course, we don't know jack shit about the bottom three. Sigh. FORD! music video shoot. Sucks. Amanda Seyfreid is here promoting her terrible-looking Red Riding Hood movie. Jesus, now footage of the top 13 at the premiere. NO ONE CARES. I also don't understand how this is going to be a movie. I wish I weren't watching this live so I could FFWD.

Finally, some results. First group is Jacob, Stefano and Karen. I'm so meh on Karen. Jacob's okay and I kind of like Stefano. I wouldn't be sad if any of these three got cut right now, I don't think. Karen's in the bottom three after some screwing around by Seacrest. Jacob and Stefano are safe.

Commercials are over and we come back to a performance by Adam Lambert. The song is called "Aftermath" and I only know that because he's been tweeting about it like, nonstop for a week LOL. Adam looks great and sounds great too. I enjoy him a lot. I'd rather watch him sing two songs than see what the hell DIDDY DIRTY MONEY's gonna do. Meh.

Next group up: Lauren, Ashthon, and Haley. It's gotta be Ashthon, right? I mean, she didn't even get voted in here, she was an effing wild card. Lauren kind of annoys me. I know she's only 15, but I just can't get on board with her "aww shucks" personality. Her voice is killer, though. She's safe, and deservedly so. Ashthon is channeling Syesha a little bit here tonight, with her look. Her hair is killer. Haley's got some GIANT feathers hanging from her ears.

Wait, Ashthon and Haley are BOTH in the bottom three??? So over half the group doesn't even get any camera time? That's kind of bullshit. Oh, they're invoking the judges' SAVE again this year? Blech. None of these bitches will get saved though.

Diddy Dirty Money. *snicker* Oh, this song. My husband just asked, "Who the hell is Diddy Dirty Money?" Exactly, babe. Why is the audience screaming? Nothing is even happening.

More results. Karen....is safe. So we're down to Ashthon and Haley. I really am not a fan of either of them, but Ashthon deserves to go more than Haley, for sure. And it's Ashthon. Well, the judges won't save her again, she used up her chance already. Plus they won't use the SAVE this early. But we'll still have to listen to her sing for her life, I guess. Who was the one last year that Simon flat out said, we're not saving you, before she even sang? I know it was a girl.

Anyway, Ashthon's out for good this time. Right choice, America. Way to go. And YAY for Cookster's "Don't You (Forget About Me)" being used as the goodbye song! See you next week, and please God, get well soon Casey.

No comments: