Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Marry me, Harry.

Previously on American Idol: Harry Connick Jr. was the best guest ever. Everyone cleaned up real nice, except Casey, who looked like he raided Chuck Bass's leftovers and got dressed in the dark. Wow, Seacrest is ON something tonight. Look at his hair! His crazy eyes! He's yelling at us like a crazy person on a street corner.

OK, how psyched am I that Lady GaGa is performing?? Brenna and I were discussing earlier today how awesome it would be if she and HCJ performed together. He'd come out all suave and hawt in a tux and she'd have like blood dripping off her hair and be wearing a crazy mask and a cape and shit.

Sinatra medley. Mike, lose the fedora, for real. Wow, Crystal looks smokin' in that tux. And I'm not being sarcastic either. Aaron looks like he should be going to prom. Hey, maybe if we boot him off tonight, he'll be able to go to prom! YAY! :P

Next week's theme is songs from the cinema with mentor Jamie Foxx. Yay? Didn't he already mentor one time? I thought he sucked. Someone remind me. FORD! video this week is that Plain White Tees song that's not "Hey There Delilah."

Now we've got a video of the contestants talking about what their Tuesdays used to be like. Riveting. OK, Crystal and Mike do have really cute kids. Did you know they have judge stand-ins during dress rehearsals? That was actually kind of cool to learn.

I'm sorry, Mike just looks really stupid tonight. His fedora is too new, or something...it looks stiff and weird. Time for some results. Let's do this, Seacrest. Lee is totally rocking the tux with the untied tie that Bren and I were hoping for last night. At least we got that look, if one night late, LOL. YAY Lee is safe! I totally don't give a rip about the rest of these results right now. Aww, I think Lee's crying. We love you Leeeeeeeeeeee!!!

After commercials, it's GAGA TIME. She's doing "Alejandro," which is her newest song but I have to say is not my favorite song of hers. They can't all be "Bad Romance," right? I still love her. OK, her ensemble this evening is like, a fishnet bodysuit with thigh high sparkly black stockings, underwear and bra. She has some kind of crazy black cape/veil thing over her face. Not the craziest thing she's ever worn, but this is supposed to be a family show I guess LOL. If this were anyone else it would be insane, but for GaGa it's tame. I wish HCJ had come out randomly in the middle to sing with her.

Footage of the contestants with HCJ. He is so effing hilarious. This is my favorite montage on this show ever. I cannot stop laughing at this. I might rewind this and watch it again. They should boot Randy off the panel and replace him with Harry. I'm emailing Seacrest about that. And now it's time for his performance. He's not wearing a fishnet bodysuit, but it's classic Harry. I might write him a poem.

Medley of his songs now, the contestants accompanied by Harry on the piano. He's like the most hands-on guest the show's ever had, seriously. Like when Mariah mentored that one time, I don't think she even was at the performance show. She showed up on Wednesday and sang her song with her rhinestone mike and got the hell out. HCJ FTW.

Time for more results. Ryan splits Crystal and Casey into a pair and Mike and Aaron into a pair. Someone's safe and the rest are the B3, I guess? Awww Ryan's making Lee choose the "safe" group...come on Ryan, give that shit up. LMAO Lee doesn't even know what's going on or what Ryan wants him to do. Bless his little heart. Okay, bottom two is Mike and Aaron. Crystal and Casey are safe. I'm actually a little stunned, I thought Casey blew it hard last night.

So who's going home? Aaaaaaaaaaaand, it's finally Aaron. Whew. This has been several weeks over due. I mean, cute kid, decent enough voice but not Idol winner material. I bet it was the Tripp Van der Bilt outfit last night that did him in. Bye Aaron! Hope you get to go to prom!

Next week, we'll take you through the top four singing movie songs and suffering through Jamie Foxx's "mentoring." Should be an awesome time!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

HCJ needs to be in our life, every single day. Let's write a letter to make that happen.