Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Talent FTW!

I got home a little late tonight & didn't get to rewind, but I highly doubt I missed anything more than a dramatic opening montage & Seacrest being all "BIGGEST MOMENT OF THEIR LIVES BEST SEASON EVER BLAAAAAH THIS.............. is American Idol." I turn it on just in time to see the FORD! video. Wow, I'm glad these shows are an hour.

Casey goes home to Texas. Apparently there are women aside from Kara that find him attractive. Who knew. He goes to his high school, which I'm pretty sure is the high school from Varsity Blues. Some girls chase his limo. Oh, girls, you're so adorable. Casey next goes to the hospital where he went after he was in a terrible accident. The doctors and nurses are like, can you please let us do our job? We voted for Lee.

Something called a Travis Garland is on performing his new single. Oh that's right, the BEIBER is on tonight. I hope I didn't miss him. The Garland is dancing and there's a split screen and this song really sucks.

Crystal goes home. Sorry, I don't actually pay the tiniest bit of attention to her segment. I'm sure it's lovely and there is crying and lots of general Ohio-ness, but I get a phone call and I'm watching on the non-DVR TV. Sorry, bloggers.

Lee goes home. He throws out the first pitch at a Cubs game. Lee, honey, I hope you're not a Blackhawks fan. We will have issues if you are, because I can't date a guy who cheers for Marian Hossa. We'll have to work on that. ;) Anyways, fantasy world is over. Lee gets super emotional and visits his paint store and his elementary school and people generally love him just like Lindsay & I love him. He is so freaking adorable.

BEIBER!! Why is he so appealing? No, really. Someone please tell me, because I love him and I have no idea why.

Finally, results time.

LEE AND CRYSTAL LEE AND CRYSTAL LEE AND CRYSTAL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank God. Seriously, people, I was gonna quit this show if it was any other result. There is no way in hell that Casey should even be considered in the same breath as my boy Lee and our girl Crystal. Talent triumphs over really bad hair! Crystal pretty much attacks Lee after her name is announced. Awww, they're besties. Casey sings. He sucks. I don't care. I think he steals a small child from someone in the audience.

So next week we have the big finale. Somewhere along the line I started caring about this show again and loving Lee and dammit Idol, I wanted to quit you after this season. Oh well, this is what this show does, year after year. Lee DeWyze FTW!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This blog entry is one of the funniest of all time.