Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I miss Allison

I'm obsessed with Beyonce's "Halo" right now and think that Allison could have killed that on judges' song choice week. Also, courtesy of one Joe Vickless, husband of my fellow blogger in crime, please feast your eyes upon THIS. Whaaaaaaat??? That is SO bizarre.

OK, enough mourning over Allison. Who's going to be our final two? We open the show with a mildly entertaining bit from the guys in the Night at the Museum movie. Apparently, the Idol desk is going to be in the Museum of American History? Weird. But appropriate I guess.

Why the hell isn't Paula at the judges' table? Jesus, Abdul, you have ONE job. Show up and try to be coherent. Wow, 88 million votes came in last night. Also, sorry about it, but I fast forwarded a lot of this, because I just watched the Pens kick the Caps' asses, and then I watched this, and then of course I had to watch the ANTM finale before I could blog. Mama needs her sleep.

And our entertainment this evening is showing up in the form of Jordin Sparks and the insufferable Katy Perry. Barf. We cut right away to the FORD! video, a weird real people transform into cartoons with super powers set to "Break My Stride." Blah.

Okay, God, more IGFB madness. We covered this last night with the Underwood video, show! NO MORE. Alicia Keys comes out and I fast forward through her whole segment. I stop to find out who this cute little boy is that's singing, and apparently his name is Noah and he's from Rwanda and learned all the words in English to "I'm The World's Greatest" in a week. Good for him, but...FFWD.

Now we have to see the guys' hometown videos, which they should have just shown last night. Danny went back to Milwaukee and...next. OK, I hate that stupid heart thing he does with his hands and now people are putting it on posters for him, apparently. Go away, Danny Gokey.

Kris is going to Arkansas and...well, okay, I stopped and watched his for a minute. AWWW, his dad is so cute. Is it me, or does his wife look bitchy most of the time? Your husband is kicking ass on one of the most popular shows on TV...SMILE once in a while!

We have Jordin's performance after Kris's video, and man, is she stunning? She is really a beautiful, beautiful girl. I don't watch the song, but I'm sure it was just lovely. Yay Jordin! Thanks for not being an annoying winner!

Adam went back to San Diego and....FFWD. He goes to the performing arts school or something where he first started, and I stop the show for a minute to hear a kid ask "Who does your hair?" Good God.

We have Danny being a dbag some more, about how he wishes they could just get on with it and announce the results. But no, we have to suffer through Katy Perry first. Guys, I'm sorry. I hate Katy Perry. I think she's a terrible singer, and she's just so annoying. And she comes out in a ridiculous outfit, as per usual, but with a cape on that has "Adam Lambert" embroidered on it. Shut up, Katy Perry.

God FINALLY, we get to some results. Ryan announces the first person through to the finale is....KRIS!!! OMG, can this really be? Are we truly about to get rid of Danny Gokey?? And I'm sorry, what the hell, judges, with the shocked faces about Kris being safe? It was so blatantly obvious last night that they did not want him in the finale, but guess what? There's a reason he is still around...people like him, and he's not a smug asshat like Gokey. So shove it, judges. I'm so over you.

So we're down to the two guys that the judges had been touting as the final two since Day One. The Gokester and the Glambert. And...Adam's safe. YES. I mean, I'm totally voting for Kris next week, but I'm so freaking glad it's not Danny, because if he had won, I would have quit this show.

So there you have it. Second year in a row that we have a guy/guy finale, and the third time in the show's history. Wow, I really need to get a life, because I was able to type that stat without even having to look anything up on Wiki. I'll take you through performances and final results next week, while Bren enjoys the land down under. G'day mates!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That Al clip is just a snippet of the best episode of "Inappropriately Dressed Underage Performer of Hispanic Descent Idol" ever!