Friday, February 19, 2010

Dropped the ball

Sorry you guys...between the Olympics eating up a huge chunk of my time and my DVR eating Wednesday night's ep of Idol, I'm jammed up. Good thing the only thing I missed was part two of THE CHAIR, which was stupid that they even had a part two to begin with. COME ON, Idol! We didn't need a two hour ep on Tuesday and a continuation of THE CHAIR on Wednesday.

So this will be a random blog, since everyone knows who the top 24 are by now. And of course, we've all heard that Chris Golightly basically got screwed over out of his spot. According to Perez Hilton, his manager contacted the producers saying that Chris was under contract. Chris was dismissed and Tim Urban took his place. But then his manager reached out to Idol AGAIN saying, my bad! His contract was up a month before he auditioned, and of course, it was too late at this point. Not that I was a big Chris G. fan, but that's seriously terrible. Shame on you, Idol.

Anyway, here is the list of the Top 24, including my personal thoughts and comments on each one:

THE GIRLS:
~Didi Benami--probably my favorite of all the girls. Love her voice, love her style, love her. Also was on THE LIST. Bring it on, Didi!
~Crystal Bowersox--I really love Crystal's voice, but I'm sorry, guys, I cannot stand her teeth. Girl needs some veneers or whitening paste STAT. I can't look at her mouth while she sings.
~Lacey Brown--I don't know anything about Lacey other than she apparently fills the role of the pink/red haired girl of the season. Last year this slot was taken by my girl Allison, and everyone knows no one can ever replace Al in my heart.
~Michelle Delamor--who?
~Katelyn Epperly--I don't really think Katelyn's all that great. But she'll probably make it to the finals because she's been on camera since her audition.
~Siobhan Magnus--I know we saw her during Hollywood Week, but I haven't formed an opinion on her yet. Stay tuned.
~Paige Miles--who? 2.0.
~Ashley Rodriguez--AROD!!!! Firm place on THE LIST, we adore her here at MSHBB, and we're looking at Ashley to shoot to the top 12. She's the second place girl for me right now.
~Lilly Scott--I think I hate Lilly Scott. Is she the one who looks like she has her hair dyed gray? Or is her hair actually gray? Either way, meh on Lilly.
~Katie Stevens--teenage prodigy for Season 9 with the voice to back it up. Adorable, has the cute grandma with Alzheimers, and is also on THE LIST. I predict Katie's in the top 12 for sure.
~Haeley Vaughn--Despite the extraneous E in her name, I love Haeley. I don't know if she has a lot of staying power, but I think she's a peach. I'm betting she'll sing Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood on Tuesday night, if I know anything about this show.
~Janell Wheeler--Third favorite girl in the group, and I can't believe how many girls I like this year. Usually I hate the Idol females, with few exceptions.

THE GUYS:
~Lee Dewyze--I don't remember seeing Lee at all during Hollywood Week, and as Brenna pointed out, his name is annoying to type. I hope he's gone in the first or second week.
~Andrew Garcia--he won me over with his cover of "Straight Up", and is holding court for me at the #1 guy spot right now. Keep it up, Andrew!
~Tyler Grady--I remember liking Tyler at his audition, and I think it's great he made it all the way here. I'm not sure if he'll make it to the finals since we didn't see much of him during HWood Week, but I'd enjoy it if he made it!
~Todrick Hall--annoying as hell, and cocky. I'd like him gone this week, but because I hate him, we'll probably be stuck with him until like the top 8 or something.
~Aaron Kelly--our Archuleta/Kevin Covais of this year. Teenager, grannies will love him and so will the tweens. He apparently has a Pittsburgh connection, which makes him okay in my book for now.
~Casey James--I really like Casey, even though he was gross in his audition in his denim on denim and took off his shirt because Kara told him to. I love his voice, and hope he has staying power.
~Alex Lambert--I don't remember much about Alex, so that tells you how well he'll probably do in the first few rounds, LOL.
~Michael Lynche--BIG MIIIIIKE! He was totally on THE LIST and even though he was in Hollywood while his wife was trying to get a human out of her, I still love him. I think Big Mike will be in the top 12.
~Joe Munoz--Joe WHOnoz??
~John Park--I loved John Park's audition, and even though we didn't see him a lot in Hollywood, I hope he has what it takes to stick around for a while.
~Jermaine Sellers--There were two Jermaines, and I can't remember if he was the one who got all diva on the band or not. Can someone help me out?
~Tim Urban--the poor soul who replaced Chris Golightly, though I should say it's not Tim's fault, I have a feeling though that he won't make it past week one due to the backlash, which isn't really fair.

So there we have it! Live shows start Tuesday with the girls taking on Hot 100 List songs. I can't believe auditions are FINALLY over. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Ugh Crystal's teeth.... my mom was all I like 'the girl who needs a tooth' before she knew her name!! Then Micah was over here calling her corn teeth, LMAO!!

I have been saying the same thing about Lily too. What's up with that hair?! Why would you ever dye your hair 'ASH' unless you're 87?!

p.s. there really are a lot of good girls this season!

Brenna said...

WHOnoz = LMAO