Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A little more action, please.

The title of this episode on my guide is "9 Finalists Compete Again." It should be, Adam Lambert is back, bitches, and he's gonna inject Aaron Kelly with something called stage presence! And it's Elvis Week! I honestly actually just ripped my mom's Elvis Greatest Hits CD to my computer over spring break, so I'm kinda psyched for tonight.

Adam is getting some pimp treatment, folks. I wonder if that makes Kris upset. We still love you Kris! Seacrest interviews Adam for awhile, but WHO CARES BECAUSE MR. SCHU AND SUE SYLVESTER ARE RIGHT BEHIND HIM!!!!! OMG, we actually have what may be the most awkward moment on this show, ever, when Ryan actually tells Adam that his tongue is not as talented as Adam's.

Think about that for a minute, kids. I know you don't want to, but I just had to witness it live, and I want you to share in my discomfort.

Crystal kicks it off with Saved. What a perfect song choice for her. I am once again worshipping in the Church of Bowersox. This soulsyness is I think what Casey tries to do, but when he's on stage I just get bored. Crystal knocks it out of the park though, and I think I just started snapping my fingers along with her song. The judges love her, obviously. Whoa, did Crystal get her pants from a Victorian era couch? Fabulous.

We're off to a good start. Can Andrew keep it going? Maybe. Adam is like, give it more punch! Change it up! Like when I gave Randy Travis a heart attack by singing Ring of Fire as if I was in a gay harem in the Middle East!

So Andrew switches it up and makes Hound Dog into a lounge song. I'm not so sure about this. He sounds good, I suppose, but I'm just not feeling Andrew so much anymore. OMG, Andrew's loco mama has a giant pair of cardboard glasses that she holds up at the end of the performance. Anyways. I think it's cheesy, and the judges with the exception of Ellen agree. Andrew's time has run out, don'tcha think?

Seacrest introduces his mom to America. She looks like Mrs. Geller. (Thanks, Linds & Ran!)

Tim is singing I Can't Help Falling in Love, dedicated to all the 12-year-olds who are keeping him on this show. Adam encourages him to sing the end in falsetto, so let's see how that goes. Boooo he doesn't even try it. You know what though? I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but he actually sounded good. Not even by Tim standards, but by Idol standards. Even Simon likes it! Good job Tim!!! And you clearly got the memo to take off your shirt, since you're showing off a little bit more skin. MSHBB is pleased. ;) Also, you have a friend who looks like Snooki.

Lee & Aaron are on deck. Idol is getting the tween viewers ALL riled up tonight!

Lee is first with A Little Less Conversation. I. love. this. choice. One of my favorite Elvis songs. Adam is like, you sound awesome, but you need to do something with this cute little face of yours. Oh. my. God. I love his voice on this song. Simon says he nailed it, and 100% absolutely yes definitely he did. I may download that one. Definitely giving it a second viewing.

I'm still so excited by Lee's performance that I really miss most of what Adam tells Aaron. Maybe Adam told him to perform Blue Suede Shoes in the style of Glee in honor of their presence tonight, because that's what I'm getting from this one. It's like a bad show choir performance. I'm sorry, I can't take this itty bitty teenager seriously tonight. Kara says it felt young. Yes, Kara, because I think we did that exact routine in high school! Then Simon says basically the same thing. We are so in his head, we've been watching this show far too long.

Siobhan is up next. Peeps, I think the universe almost exploded when Siobhan & Adam got in the same room. Please make that duet happen when this show is over, k? Thanks. Siobhan is looking fly again tonight, folks, in her unique little Siobhan way. Except her hair kinda looks like Nate Archibald's. She is singing my absolute favorite Elvis song, Suspicious Minds. She's all excited to meet Adam too, which is awesome. I heart her so bad. Call me, Siobhan! Anyways, on to the singing. It starts out just a little on this side of the cheesy line, and then slows down towards the end to a jazzy little riff which I actually prefer. Sorry, Lambert, I disagreed with your speeding up suggestion. Siobhan sounds amazing as usual, but I agree with Simon when he says she's sort of lost herself... and then Siobhan gives a kick ass answer about not being able to label herself, so why should they, and that makes me love her all over again.

So, my favorites have all gone, and I could easily turn off this show and go watch Lost and be happy with my evening. Oh wait, there are people out there that like Casey and want to read more? Ugh, ok.

Next week is IGFB. Seacrest tells us Dunkleman is hosting, and I'm kinda like, oh that's cool! Then he's all... not really. Wow, Seacrest. Harsh.

Big Mike is singing In the Ghettoooooooo. Remember when Soul Patrol sang this? All I can think of is Cartman though, sorry. He sounds good. That's all. I'm so bored by him. Next.

Katie is up next with Baby What Do You Want Me To Do. Man, that's a long title. Sorry, Katie, you don't have the swagger for this song. I'm thoroughly bored by it all. Can you tell at this point I'm just biding time till Glee comes on? :)

And up in the pimp spot is Casey. He should do well with Elvis, right? He's singing Lawdy, Miss Clawdy. I'm not sure I know this song. He sounds good, since it's got the bluesy vibe he likes so much, but if we're comparing, Lee was about a trillion times better.

So, to wrap up tonight: Lambert was an awesome mentor, and I wish I'd liked him more last year. Crystal was flawless as per usual, Lee has officially stolen my Idol heart, and Siobhan is a little off but still amazing. Tim actually turned in a solid performance, and every one else was so boring I've forgotten what they sang already. Let's hope we get rid of the teenagers in the same week... two eliminations tomorrow! Lindsay will blog for you.

GLEE!!!!!! G'nite.

1 comment:

BrassyLibrarian said...

Andy's going home...and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sioban. She's never been my fave.

Tim Urban did well and could end up winning it all because girls love him. The not Tim-Urban kid didn't so poorly that if his HS votes, he's staying.

I've wanted Katie to go home for weeks, but she keeps staying.

I hear Lee & Crystal. I want them in the top 2.