Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm hot 'cause I'm fly...

So Louisville brought us some freaks, but I was more entertained by this crowd than by the San Fran idiots. I should be asleep right now, so here's the good, bad and ugly that wrapped up our second week of auditions.

Hot 'cause they're fly:
  • Matt something or other, the dueling piano guy. Let the record show that I wrote my little notebook that he was "Elliott-esque" only to have Simon say fifteen seconds later that he reminded him of Elliott. Not that me saying this proves anything, but why would I make it up? Hee! He seemed like kind of a geek, his personality was a little quirky, but I enjoyed his voice.
  • OK, Alexis Grace might be one of my favorite contestants. First of all, she has a fiance in the military. Second of all, I love the fact that she's 21 but for real looks like she's 12. And you guys, if you pause the show on the shot of her and her man in a photo frame, that was TOTALLY taken in Pittsburgh on Mt. Washington. Wassup, PPG place in the skyline in the background!? Anyone who is from Memphis and displays a photo of themselves from the 'burgh is all right by me. Her voice could be okay, her audition was a little shouty but I think it was her nerves. If she chills out a bit, she'll be okay.
  • I also loved Leneshe Young, the 19 year old who wrote her own song. I loved her because she acted like a teenager. I'm so over these precocious teens who come in and act and sing like they are in their mid-20s. Leneshe sang a song that she wrote herself which definitely used the words "thuggish ways" and she was totally cute and likeable. Plus she's got one of the sob stories they've been forcing on us (she's poor) so you know we'll see more of her.
They ain't cause they not:
  • Tiffany, the first contestant with the copious amounts of silver eyeshadow? SCARYPANTS.
  • Mark Mudd, the guy who told the judges to be careful? I would bet anything he has a rap sheet.
  • Ross the Nerd, who drank out of Paula's cup? I actually felt sorry for him a little. I think he might be one of those people who is so smart, they truly don't know how to interact with the public.
  • Ooh, and then there was Aaron, the guy who screamed "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" and who thought, apparently, that he was auditioning for America's Next Top Model. And then Simon made a joke about Tyra Banks, and all was right in my world.
So week two of auditions are down. I am loving this twice a week and down to an hour an episode thing they've got going on here. MUCH better, Idol. Till next week...counting down the days till Group Night!

No comments: