Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blahness abounds

Watching Idol while verging on a migraine sucks. Bren's got final study groups tonight and since school > reality tv, I'm blogging again. This will be the shortest blog posting I'll probably ever write. Sorry guys. :(

So the "twist": they now have concocted "the judges save." This means if someones in the bottom (aka Daughtry, Michael Johns (or Aughtry lol), JHud, etc.), and the judges think they deserve another shot, they can save them. If someone is saved, that week no one goes home, but the following week two people go home. And they can only use the save once. This goes on until we're at the top 5. This could make things very interesting.

After a weak group number and a recap of last night, Michael Sarver's safe, Allison's safe (word!), Jasmine's in the bottom, Matt G. is safe (yay!), Kris is safe (drool), and Megan's in the bottom. Or wait, I guess she's not? Because Ryan tells them one of the two is safe, and if they are eliminating two people tonight, apparently Megan's not one of them. WTF show? STOP MAKING ME THINK.

OK Jasmine's out, unless she gets "saved." She sings again, the judges confer, and she's out. Bye Jazz. You're cute, but this is the right call. And Bren and I win on week one of ew.com's "Pick the Eliminated Contestant" game. So yeah, we rule.

Kanye's up. How could you be so Doctor Evil? Guys, Kanye can't sing. This song only sounds good on the radio because it's been edited to death. Cripes.

Time for more results. Blind Scott--come on. Alexis--safe. Yeah girl! Danny--no suspense here. Anoop--not safe yet. Eff. Adam--safe. Who will join Anoop, Jorge or Lil? And it's Jorge. Please don't let Anoop get the boot. I hope Puerto Rico had a massive power outage and no one could call in last night. Of course, we have to wait until after the break, and probably until after Kelly Clarkson performs. Which will undoubtedly be the best part of this show tonight.

She rules so bad. And sounds awesome. Go Kelly! This song is great. Good one to work out too, also. Back to the guys again. And....Anoop is safe!!!!! YAYYYYY ANOOOOOOOOP!!!! Aww, I kind of still like Jorge even though he sucks sometimes. They clearly won't save him though. And...yeah, he's out. Bye J. I didn't hate you, but...you weren't going to win anyway.

So that's week one, two down. Word. This is more manageable already. See you guys next week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OK..number one, if Kanye was trying out for American Idol, he wouldn't make it. He so cannot sing. Reminded me of SNL...just bad.

Two, no good "bibration" for me from Jorge...seeyabye.

Three, I'm very sorry to hear that Paula pees her pants when she laughs..TMI PAULA...sheesh.

Unknown said...

Did Kelly Clarkson sing that song about her life sucking without somone?

Two things: a) isn't this directly contradictory to her whole "Miss Independence" song and her "I don't need no man cuz I'm single again and jaded" album? and b) in the words of my friend John, "My life (my life) would suck (would suck) if I ever had to listen to that song again." Word, John. Word hard!!

Brenna said...

Joe, this is a whole new Kelly. Miss Independent Kelly was still a product of the Idol machine. This is new independent Kelly who writes her own songs & if she wants to sing about needing a man, then dammit she will. My life would suck without that song.

So Slezak's recap made a good point... the judges keep referencing Daughtry, but he finished 4th, so the save couldn't have even been applied to him... so, duh.

Lindsay said...

Also, you can still be an independent woman and think your life would suck without someone in it. She's not saying "my life (my life!) would end (would end!) without you." Suck it, Vickless.