Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm so 3008.

Tonight, we've got all four guys in suits (Adam's is white, of course), and Allison in a demure (for her) dress and hairdo. Must be...Rat Pack standards night! :P Can you believe we only have three weeks left until the finale? I feel like this season has lasted forever.

OK, so we have some sort of mystery mentor this week. Could it be Michael Buble? Tony Bennett? Come on, that would be just silly. It's...Jamie Foxx? LMAO. I guess it makes sense...in like 50 years, "Blame It" will totally be a classic standard, right? And I mean, he DID play Ray Charles that one time. Sheesh.

We come back from the break, and for a minute I think the show's brought Dunkleman back, because it's an aerial shot of two dudes in suits. But it's just Ryan hanging out with Kris. Wow, he's hot in a suit. Drool. I'm sorry, what? Oh right, the song. So he's doing "The Way You Look Tonight." Aww, that's nice.

Guys, Kris is awesome. I mean, this is very Kris, it's kind of what we've come to expect, but it doesn't make it any less good. And he's not a schmuck about it, DANNY. Seriously, I said it last week...when did Kris become my favorite?

Can I just say, I really, really hope tonight isn't jam packed full of schmoopy ballads. Because...it doesn't have to be. Case in point: Kelly.

Up next is Allison. Aww, she turned 17 this week! She's doing "Someone to Watch Over Me," and Jamie Foxx actually gives her half decent advice, about not thinking about a boyfriend or a lover because she's young, but thinking about her family.

I love her. Love, love love her. This is great. And the judges actually give her the credit she's been due, since, oh I don't know, the semi finals??? I hope she lives another week, I don't get why people don't vote for her.

OK, Matt's doing "My Funny Valentine." I hate this song. Meh. At least he's got a fedora on covering that mole. I don't really like this. I have problems with Matt tonight. This sounds kind of off-key and "pitchy, dawg." OMG, Randy totally told him it was pitchy, hahaha. Simon apparently thought it was brilliant, so maybe I'm deaf or stupid or something, but I hated it. Matt's probably in trouble.

God, Danny. Which means Adam's in the pimp spot, so you know whatever shit he's got going on is gonna be nuts. I didn't even write down what song Danny is singing, that's how over him I am. Same shit, different week. You wanna know what Danny would be like as a recording artist? Watch tomorrow night when Taylor Hicks is on.

Also, I figured out what is it that bothers the hell out of me about Danny Gokey. For me, the show is as much about performance and vocal techinique as it is about personality traits. For example, you all know how I hate the judge backtalk. I loved Brooke last year, except when she wouldn't STFU in front of the judges. And Lil drove me insane this year.

Now, I know some of our readers aren't huge Adam Lambert fans, but here's my point: when Adam finishes his number, he waits for his critiques and is polite when he thanks the judges, etc. Same with Kris, Matt, etc. Danny freakin' Gokey, as soon as he finishes singing, immediately starts bellowing out "THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" to the audience like he's Bon freakin' Jovi or something, and he just finished a three-hour set on the "One Wild Night" tour. (Yeah, I may have been to a Bon Jovi show or two. :P)

That annoys the shit out of me. DUDE. You aren't a star yet. You haven't won. Lock it the hell up with your overeffusive, screaming words of thanks to your "fans." If you appreciate that, good for you, but I hate it.

That being said, I think Danny does have an amazing voice. I'm just tired of him on this show. And also wouldn't buy his album. And as I said via text to Bren tonight "he's gonna win this whole effing thing, isn't he?" Gah.

Ahem. Sorry about that. Moving on! GLEEEEE! If you don't think this show looks awesome, then I can't help you. You will be awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

So Lambert's got the pimp spot for like the third time this season, I think. He's doing "Feelin' Good", which kind of surprises me. Honestly though, I guess I don't really know what he would have picked. Maybe "My Way" or something.

He does this really weird, insane version of the song, complete with this totally over the top entrance on the stairs--will someone just put this guy in a dress already? This for me was on par with the weirdness of "Ring of Fire" but I'd still watch this 100 times before I'd rewatch Danny Gokey, so there's that.

So that's our top 5. These blog entries are going faster now that we aren't recapping 10+ people, lol. Tune it for Taylor Hicks (aaand, fast forward) tomorrow night and to find out who goes home. Obviously, I'd love for it to be Gokey, but it's going to be either Matt or Allison, unfortunately. At this point, I'd rather have Al stay than Matt. Adios!

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Allison was so amazing tonight, I'll be so sad if she goes home. GOkey needs to GO. Amen to your rant.

rlk7m said...

I agree about Gokey. He reminds me of someone who should be a part of Rascal Flatts or some Disney crap.

Unknown said...

#1...Allison needs to have all 15 of the dark fillings in her teeth replaced with white fillings if she plans on singing on TV...ew. And she can go home...BYE.

#2...why does Adam Lambert look like he has a yardstick in the shoulders of his suit jacket? He seriously has some sort of weird going on when he is standing still...not to mention a WHOLE LOT of weird when he is moving.

#3...which really should be #1...I love Kris!

Shana said...

I totally don't get Kris (crooked Popeye mouth) Allen. I'm SO not into him!

And I too was bored with Matt, I fast fwd'd about half-way through.

I still love Adam though. Even though that "one" note was waaaay too long!