Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Theme of the night: Save

And I'm not just talking about the show. In case you weren't aware, the Pens beat the Flyers in Game 1 of the first round of NHL playoffs!!! Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury only allowed one goal and had 26 SAVES. Pittsburgh WHAT?

Ahem. Moving on to the Idol results show, this blog may be slightly abbreviated, because I watched it after the game was over and FFWDed a lot. Sorry about it.

We open the show with an intense montage, with that movie guy type voiceover. You know what I mean. It's weird. Lots of dramatic shots of the kids, of QT, blah de blah. Tonight our special guests are Jennifer Hudson and "recording" "artist" Miley Cyrus. Ugh. I sense some fast-forwarding on my part at about 9:35ish.

FORD! commercial to "Freeze Frame." Matt is singled out...either this means he's out or he's the one that Seacrest tries to make choose between the two groups to decide which is the bottom. And now the group number, "Maniac" which was actually from Flashdance but I can't hear it without thinking of Tommy Boy--did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid? Matt's singled out again in this number...this may not bode well.

You know what commercial I think is hilarious? That Vitamin Water commercial with Mother Nature and all the animals, where the wolf keeps eating the gophers. Sometimes I rewind just to watch that. I'm lame.

God, more filler. Now we have the kids at the "17 Again" premiere, also known as "Big" in reverse. Hey, Zac Efron's here! Maybe he and Adam will share makeup tips after the show is over. Seriously, it's like 20 min in and we don't even know anyone who's safe yet.

Ooh here we go! Allison's up first...and she's safe! YES! Oooh, and I was totally wrong, they aren't going to put them into the two groups this year. Maybe they realized that was stupid and was a crazy twist the first time they did it in like, Season 4. Moving on, Adam--safe. Anoop--in the B3. Sigh. I have to say, I'm kind of bored by Anoop any more.

After the commercials, we get JHud's journey from Idol to Oscar. She rules so bad. She was totally robbed in Season 3. Fantasia doesn't have an Oscar, though, LOL. She sings, it's great, way to go Jennifer.

GLLEEEEEE!!!! OK, break's over, and we've got Kris and Lil. I'm so tired of Lil, you guys. If she doesn't go this week, I might break something. And she's in the B3. Score! One step closer. Down to Gokey and Matt, as if there's any suspense. Sure enough, Matt's in the B3 again. Dammit, America! And Seacrest sends Anoop back to safety. Crap...well, if he would have sent Lil, I would have been more pissed.

Hey, look, Miley Cyrus! Aaaaaaand...fast forward. Sorry guys, look it up on You Tube if you want to know anything about this performance. So now we're back to Lil and Matt and the lowest vote-getter this week is...Matt. BOOOOOOOOOOO. God, now I sound like Randy when they intro Simon.

Matt sings, and I'll be honest, I FFWD because this song is kind of lame, and I wish he hadn't picked it. So there's some scuffling around with the judges at the end and Simon finally tells Matt it's...GOOD NEWS! The judges have invoked "THE SAVE"!

Oh but then Simon throws up a curve ball and reminds us that next week, TWO people will get cut and also, it's disco week! BWAHAHAHA....what a freakin' nightmare. And it's my turn to blog performance night, oh yay!

So that's that, peeps. Pens win, and Matty G. is safe for another week. Maybe next week is when America will figure out that there really isn't anything all that special about Gokey, and that Lil is kind of annoying. Tune in and find out!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

OMFG, when is Idol going to realize that disco week = worst idea ever? But yay for the Pens and Matt G. getting saved! There is hope for this show yet. :)

Unknown said...

#1...it takes WAY too long to eliminate people. #2...I love Jennifer Hudson. #3...prerecorded nasal Miley Cyrus isn't as bad as live nasal Miley Cyrus, thanks AI for prerecording Miley Cyrus. #D...Lil should have gone home and NEEDS to go home next week.