Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The last week of Idol hell! Go!

This is the last week of three Idols/week, which makes Lindsay & me incredibly happy. This is a commitment, yo. Top 12 next week! Let me begin by saying I covet Kara's shirt, it's gorgeous. And no filler! We get right to it. Woo, let's go.

Katie sings K-Clarkson's Breakaway. Yikes, it's all over the place. It's terrible. First of the night + awful performance + trying to sing Kelly Clarkson = not good for Katie. Kara tells her she doesn't know who she is as an artist, to which I say, she is 16 and no one knows who they are at 16. When I was 16 I was dating a guy who was gay and thought when I was 28 I'd be living in New York City performing on Broadway & married to Leonardo DiCaprio, so there.

Siobhan (whose name I still don't know how to spell without looking) is singing House of the Rising Sun. The girl needs some lessons on stage presence and fashion, but OMG, musically it is flawless. I could listen to her voice all night long, seriously, it is THAT GOOD. Also, remember back when we watched every week to see what Cookster would do, because you never quite knew what to expect? I feel like that with Siobhan this year. I think I just jumped on her bandwagon.

Lacey is up next with no delay... sucks for her. She's singing The Story. All I can concentrate on is her nails, which are painted the green color of an Easter jelly bean. It's not awful, I suppose, but after Siobhan she just looks weak, and I'm still offended by her nail color. Somehow the judges give her more praise than they gave Siobhan. Epic fail. Go home, Lacey.

Katelyn is singing I Feel the Earth Move from behind a weird little keyboard. I could do without the keyboard. You gotta groove to this song. You're probably shimmying right now just thinking about it, I know. I don't think anything would've compared to last week, and to be honest, I'm a little bored by this performance. I really hope American doesn't just think of this week when voting.

Brooke 2.0, I mean Didi, tackles some Fleetwood Mac with just her guitar. She sounds really good, but I don't know if one of these folksy girls is ever actually going to win. This is definitely music I'd listen to, but I don't know if I'm going to turn on this show wondering what Didi is going to do. The judges loved her, and Simon calls her entire performance a "wow moment." Wow indeed. I might need to rewind & watch that one again.

Paige is next, singing Smile. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm sorry, I just slept through that entire performance. The judges rip her apart, and I'm thinking this is the end of the road for Paige.

Oooh, Crystal is singing one of my favorite songs, Gimmee One Reason. Perfect song choice. She sounds amazing. I can't really say anymore about Crystal, she's fantastic, she's sticking around. For as little as Katie knows about what artist she is, Crystal knows it 1,000%. The judges all love her.

Lilly closes out the show with I Fall to Pieces. I don't know this song, and it's annoying. She should do some Amy Winehouse, her voice is perfect for it. The judges enjoy it, I'm not blown away, and with that, we're done. I love these one-hour shows.

My votes to go home are Katie and Paige. I'd like Lacey to go home, but Katie was so not good tonight. Lindsay has the boys tomorrow. See you then!

No comments: