Thursday, March 4, 2010

You better think, America.

Hello, readers! Time for our top 10 girls.

Crystal is up first, thankfully out of the hospital. Yay! Fun fact: she has a twin brother named Carl. She's singing Long as I Can See the Light, which is a song that I don't really know, to be honest. It's totally jazzy and bluesy and gospelly, and sisters, I am attending the Church of Crystal. Also, I'm pretty sure I have her earrings in gold. Randy: "truth is reality." Um, really? Ok. Also, Simons "misunderestimated" her. Well, maybe next time you should estimate her. ($10 to the first person who gets that quote.) Basically, the judges all love her.

Haeley's fun fact is that she likes to make things. Borrrrrring. She's singing Miley Cyrus, but not Party in the USA or See You Again. Boo. This definitely suits her better than last week's, but it's kinda rough in spots. The judges aren't fans. Haeley annoys me.

Lacey likes to shop for antique furniture and actually has created some pretty cool stuff. She's singing Kiss Me. Help, what late '90s movie was this from? Was it She's All That? It is soooo not good, and her shirt has puffy shoulders. Shudder. Randy says it could have worked... if she could sing, I think. America, please do the right thing and send Lacey home.

Katie can say give me a kiss in six different languages. OMG, Katie, so boring. She's singing Put Your Records On, which equals a 1,000% improvement in song choice over last week. She sounds good, but I kinda get the vibe of a high school show choir. Maybe Katie should be on Glee. Can't you picture her as Rachel's nemesis? God, that show needs to get back in my life ASAP.

It wasn't till tonight that I realized just how much Didi reminds me of Brooke. Please don't have a breakdown like Brooke did. Didi was a mascot in middle school. Yay, finally an interesting fun fact!! She sings Lean on Me, a fun little bluegrass version, and I think it's quite good. The judges don't agree, because why would they actually like someone I like? Also, Kara is uber bitchy tonight.

Michelle is up next, and she's singing a Creed song. I wish I could fast-forward through her performance, because Creed literally makes me want to go deaf. The things I do for you readers, all four of you. ;) In addition to the awfulness of the song, Michelle isn't that good singing it. Ugh, double whammy. Kara and Simon actually like it. WTF, why am I never in agreement with them this year? Apparently Vera Wang is in the audience tonight too. Idol is getting to be so strange.

Lilly plays a lot of different instruments. Zzzzzz. I want someone to tell me they were in the Peace Corps, or are an accomplished bungee jumper, or something. She is singing A Change is Gonna Come. Here's the thing about Lilly: she annoys me on this show a little, but she sings the kind of music that I'd actually purchase. She may be growing on me. It's actually a really good performance, and the judges adore her as well.

Katelyn's fun fact is that she was studying to be a recording engineer, and she'd like to open her own studio someday. That's an interesting one. She's singing The Scientist, which is one of my favorite songs and one I thought I'd try if I ever actually auditioned for this show. The opening montage for the Stanley Cup Finals last year on CBC was set to this song, and Natasha Bedingfield does a fantastic version of it (I typed that before Simon mentioned it, and they're so not identical by the way). Anyways, back to Katelyn's version - it's already a slow song and she slows it down even more. Not a big fan of that. She sounds fabulous, though.

Paige likes to color. THESE PEOPLE ARE SO BORING. I actually completely forgot about Paige since last week, which doesn't bode well for her. Also not boding well: she's singing Walk Away by K-Clarkson, which is also one of my favorites. It's not terrible, but I'm very easily distracted during it, which means I wasn't that into it. Kara actually wrote the song, and she tells Paige about how pissed she was at the guy it's about when she wrote it, and it all makes me remember why I loved Kara when she first joined the show.

Siobhan has the pimp spot tonight, and she is wearing an atrocious outfit. Man, she's awkward. Her fun fact is that she had a mohawk. That kind of makes me heart her. She's doing some Aretha tonight. (That's the first time you've probably ever read "mohawk" and "Aretha" in the same paragraph, right?) I'm so perplexed by Siobhan. She sounds absolutely fantastic, but when compared to last week, I'm just baffled by her song choices, and then her look just doesn't match anything else. But no questioning it, the girl can sing.

Well, that actually all made me feel much better about this season. My choices to go home after are probably Haeley and Lacey. Please, America get it right this week. Lindsay will take the results for you! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am totally on board the Katelyn train. Even though I kind of hated her when the top 24 started, lol.