Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Switcheroo!

So tonight, we're getting the guys first, and the ladies on Wednesday. This is unfortunately due to the fact that Crystal Bowersox had a medical emergency on Tuesday morning. She is apparently a diabetic, and had some complications related to that. Scary. Hope you get well soon, Crystal!

But on with the guys! Let's hope most of them got it together from last week, with a few exceptions. I'm looking at you, Todrick. Please continue to suck, KTHXBAI. OMG what is up with Kara's hair???? Did she just roll out of bed to come to the show? Or forget what a brush and conditioner are? YIKES, Kara.

Oh man, tonight is where we find out the "fun" facts about the contestants that we didn't know. Remember when Cookster said he liked crosswords? LOL. OK, so Big Mike is a theatre geek. We get some excellent footage of him in some sort of musical. He's singing "This is a Man's World" by James Brown. Wow, it's really good. It's nothing like last week, either, which is good because he's versatile. And also, he wasn't great last week, haha.

John Park's fun fact is that English is his second language. Korean is his first. Not really rocking the boat with that revelation there, John. He's singing "Gravity" by John Mayer, which is one of my all time faves. This is...eh. I think John has a good voice generally but I'm not sure what's up with this performance. It's kind of boring. The judges all hate it, too. Sorry, John. Maybe someone else will suck harder tonight and you'll be safe.

Casey's fun fact is that he's being sexually harassed by Kara. Just kidding! He hasn't owned a TV for most of his life. OMG, because lightning struck his house! Yikes. He's doing "I Don't Wanna Be" by Gavin DeGraw, aka the funnest song that Elliot Yamin ever sang. LMAO and he doesn't want to tell his preshow ritual because he doesn't want the other contestants to steal it. I kind of love Casey. This performance is okay, but not spectacular. GOD, Kara, SHUT UP. You aren't a cougar. He kind of gets a mixed bag of reviews from the judges which appears to be par for the course this year.

Alex Lambert is up next. His fun fact is how he created his own language when he was in sixth grade. Yawn. He's singing "Everybody Knows" by John Legend. You guys, I cannot get over his mullet. Did I miss the memo that the mullet is coming back?? WOW, this is a million times better than last week. He still looks terrified but he sounds really great. Ooh, except for that one falsetto note at the end. HA, Ellen totally calls out his mullet. I love it. He gets rave reviews from the judges.

God, Todrick. Why the hell is he singing Tina Turner? Anyway, fun fact is that he's a trained ballet dancer. Why is he doing pushups in front of poor Katie Stevens? I hate this guy. So yeah, he's doing "What's Love (Got To Do With It?)" by Tina Turner. OF course, as per last week, he changes it all up and it barely even sounds like the original. I get that the judges ask for that sometimes, but sometimes you gotta just sing the song. FINALLY Randy says something I can respect, calling him out for rearranging shit all the time and not just singing.

I can't believe we're only half done right now. Up next is Jermaine Sellers, and his unique fact is that he....wears onesies. Oh my God. I am so terrified of Jermaine right now. Tonight he's singing "What's Goin' On" by Marvin Gaye. This is after he says he's going to be "younger", so I'm not really sure how that's going to work. I think Jermaine has a really nice voice, but this song is so sleepy and boring. So two weeks in a row, two boring ballads from Jermaine. Come on, buddy. Oh geez, here comes the backtalk. Shut up, Jermaine.

Andrew Garcia's fun fact is that he can breakdance. Riveting. These contestants are so boring! I totally disagreed with the judges last week, I thought he was awesome. I love Andrew. He's singing "You Give Me Something" by James Morrison tonight. Why is everyone picking these sleepy songs? Casey was the only one who did something up tempo. I really like this song, and I really like Andrew, but I think this was a bad pick for him. It's not working. DAMMIT Andrew! OMG Ellen stop talking about when he did the Paula Abdul song!!

Adorable puppy dog Aaron Kelly is next. What the hell secret is a 16 year old going to have to share with us? Oh, he loves photography. He's sweet, at least he has a backup in case this whole singing thing doesn't work out. He's singing "My Girl" by the Temptations tonight. He starts out really strong and sounds good, but it kind of gets a little messy towards the middle and the end falls apart a bit. I kind of love Aaron though. I think he’s safe because he’s got the tween and granny vote locked up.

OK, before I recap Tim Urban, I just gotta say that some shirtless pics of him surfaced online and I am now looking at him in a whole new light. Ahem. What? Holy bajeezus, he has 9 siblings. Four brothers, five sisters. That’s way too many people in one house, guys. He’s singing a Matt Nathanson song…I love Matt Nathanson. “Come On Get Higher” is the song. Already this is a zillion times better than last week. He’s better on the chorus than on the verses, but I still wouldn’t call him one of the best. Take off your shirt, Tim!

In the pimp spot is Lee Dewyze. Hey, I got his name on the first try! Whoop! Ok, his unique fact is that he went to a high school for like, juvie kids. Yikes, Lee. Tonight he’s singing “Lips of an Angel” by Hinder, and this may make me totally uncool, but I love this song. Shut up, everyone. Lee is starting to grow on me. Judging by the yelps coming from the audience, he’s growing on other people too LOL. I personally think this is awesome. Who knew Lee would be our “rocker” guy this year?

So tonight, best of the night in my opinion goes to Mike, Lee, and shockingly, Alex the mullet. Worst was probably John Park, Todrick and everyone else kind of falls in there somewhere. Brenna will take you through the ladies on Wednesday! Hopefully Crystal is able to perform…see you then!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

"Lips of an Angel"? REALLY? I hate that song. It's on par with anything by Nickelback to me. Haha!

Aaron Kelly also has his school (PA Cyber) and their employees and employees of the four related organizations pimping him out on FB , twitter and email. I felt like it was the Bachelor finale all over again when I logged into FB last night and saw a million status messages about voting for the kid!

Shana said...

I can't stand Todrick either, ugh....

I also saw those shirtless pics of Tim Urban, umm HELLO!!! He's cute but I hate those haircuts!!

Brenna said...

Lips of an Angel sucks, but I already told you that. Man, I miss Kris & Adam & Cookster & Elliott & every other good guy that has ever come through this show... these boys need to step up their game, STAT.