Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We'll kick 'em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger

OMG Siobhan looks FIERCE in the opening segment. Hooray for the contestants getting properly styled! THIS is American Idol.

I kind of couldn't wait for tonight, you guys. Now that the auditions are finally over and the grueling 3-5 hour weeks of the top 24 are behind us, this is the time when I really start to enjoy this show. I mean, at this time two years ago, I think we still may have despised David Cook, and he totally became our favorite. So who knows what will happen!

Also I'm totes jealous that Bren is recapping results tomorrow night with both KE$HA and COOKSTER. And I got Blind Scott last week...hahahaha.

Wow everyone looks SO MUCH better tonight. Except maybe Lacey, WTF is she wearing? Also except Tim Urban because he's still wearing a damn shirt.

Obligatory Rolling Stones montage with Seacrest voiceover. I wish Keith Richards was a mentor tonight, he'd probably be all sorts of F'ed up.

Up first is Big Mike Lynche. We've got some getting to know you filler, since this show is two hours tonight. Hey, did you know he and his wife had a baby? LOL. I'm sorry, but is his baby this year's Gokey's dead wife? Come on, show. He's singing "Miss You" tonight. OMG he cannot dance, LOL. He sounds pretty good, but I'm not blown away. His arms are YOOOOOGE. I bet he could crush me. The judges all love it, except Simon, who tells him he's corny. He kind of was, it's true.

After the break, we've got Didi Benami. She's from Knoxville, TN home of the Sun Sphere. Which I may have visited...don't hate. Also, it might be just me, but I think Seacrest wants to bang her. Every time he interacts with her, he seems way into her. She's going to do "Play With Fire" for us this evening. Wow, Didi's kind of awesome doing rock. Ooh well, wait a minute...she's pushing and gets kind of strained a little towards the end, but I mostly enjoyed this. And Kara just echoed what I said, scary. I love you Didi!

Casey James tells us he's from Cool, Texas. I can't believe that's a real place. He's doing "It's All Over Now" with his guitar tonight. It fits right in his wheelhouse, all bluesy and twangy and everything. I'm ashamed to admit I don't really know a lot of RS songs that well. I have a hard time getting into songs that I don't know well. He sounds great, but I'm just not really into it. The judges love him, and Ellen makes what I think is our first lesbian joke since she's been on the show. Simon tells him to be more of a star, which I can get on board with.

Lacey Brown and her janked up outfit are up next. I'm still baffled as to how Lacey made it past the first round, let alone to the top 12. She's doing "Ruby Tuesday" for us tonight. Ruby Tuesday has a really good salad bar. They used to make this bomb chicken pot pie, but it's not on their menu any more. If you're wondering WTF this has to do with anything, it's because I cannot get into Lacey, I'm sorry. I wish Katelyn were still here. And her outfit is a damn EYESORE. WHAT IS IT?? It's like a half shirt with a ruffly lingerie top over high waisted pants?? Or what?

In other Idol fashion news: Ellen is wearing a Chuck Bass scarf and Randy and Simon have matching cardigans. That is all.

Andrew Garcia is up after the break. OK, his dad is the cutest EVER. He's doing "Gimme Shelter" tonight. I totally thought he'd do the Britney version of "Satisfaction." :P I think he sounds really good, but I bet the judges mock him for carrying the mike stand around, and tell him they wish he had done something like "Straight Up" because that's how this show works. I really like his voice a lot. Kara is such a stupid ho. What the hell is she even talking about? Andrew, you were great. We love you!

Up next we have Katie Stevens, who is probably still in shock over the fact that she's actually here. I mean, I liked Katie and all, but girl was riggity rough last week. Anyway, I totally called her song choice "Wild Horses"...am I good, or what? I think Katie looks supa fly tonight, I hope she doesn't stink up the joint. This might be the best she's been up to this point. I really think Katie brought her A game tonight. I still think she might be too young and needs some growth and maturity to her voice, but I think she could be great.

We're halfway through...whew. I'm sleepy. Tim Urban is going on now. Hey, remember when Tim got cut and then he came back and then he sucked a bunch but now he's here? Idol's funny sometimes. Also he has a million brothers and sisters. He's doing "Under my Thumb", which I actually know. This is a really bizarre arrangement. It's like reggae Rolling Stones. Tim's voice sounds okay, but this is just weird. Tim, shut up and take off your shirt.

Yay Siobhan Magnus! Girl, you look so hot. She's from Cape Cod, which I don't remember knowing before now. She's performing "Paint It Black" tonight, which I predict will be F'ing awesome. OMG she totally has shit-kicker boots on with her party dress. YES. I totally just got scared when she hit the money note, it looked like she was going to swallow me whole. Kara compares it to Adam Lambert, which I can totally see, and Siobhan totally rocked the hell out of this. I love her.

After the break, we've got Lee Dewyze. I totally want Siobhan and Lee to date. They're my favorite little hobbits. OMG he's singing "Beast of Burden", this song totally reminds me of college and hanging out at the Penny Bar. I just got transported back like seven years hearing this song. I love Lee so bad. I might be biased because I love the song, but I think this was great. I think his voice is awesome, and I am totally on the Lee train.

I'm starting to get sleepy of blogging. Up next is Paige Miles, great. She's another one...how is she here?? She's singing "Honky Tonk Woman" and I do not see this going well. Is she the Vote for the Worst candidate right now?? GOD. Weirdly, this is the best we've ever heard Paige. Interesting. OK, Paige can go home then. LOL. Why do the judges keep talking about all the issues she's had this week with her voice? I wouldn't have known there was a problem except they talked about it. Dumb.

Bringing us closer to the end is Aaron Kelly. AKA, the second coming of Archuleta but not quite as good. I can't help it, he's kind of charming to me. That sweet little face, he just tries so hard. WTF is he going to sing here, though? OK, "Angie", this might be okay. It sounds nice enough, he's better than last week, but this is BO-ring. If I were more into the song, I think I might feel differently. He sang the song well, but I was asleep, sooooo....

In the pimp spot this week is Crystal Bowersox. What up CBooooow! I always forget she has a kid, probably because they don't shove him in our faces. Aww, her dad is sweet. YES, "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Rock it, Crystal. DO IT. It's totally Crystal, she sounds great. For it being the pimp spot though, there really wasn't a huge WOW factor. She just always sounds so professional. I'd have given the last spot to Siobhan. I think Simon really likes Crystal though, he always talks to her like a peer or a colleague, not like she's his student.

So best of the night for me was Siobhan. Also Didi was pretty good, and Lee and Andrew. Lacey totally should go home, and truthfully Tim but who the hell knows any more with this show. Or Katie, I wouldn't be brokenhearted over losing her. Brenna will take you through the awesome results show tomorrow night! Yay Ke$ha!!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Less than 24 hours till KE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The party don't start till she walk in. Kthxbai.