Thursday, March 11, 2010

You can't always get what you want.

OK, so at 8:35 pm last night, just as Scott and Matty G. came on, everything I had just typed got deleted and somehow didn't save. I AM PISSED. So the time period from 8:00 to 8:35 is going to be recapped very briefly and with a slight attitude.

Blah blah, super dramatic, 12 shiny silver stools waiting for butts to warm them. They left it ALL ON THE FLOOR last night.

Turrible group number to Michael Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet." I enjoy this song, I like Michael Buble but this is all kinds of Idol cheesy and corny as per usual.

First round of girls is up. Didi is in! Siobhan is in! Hooray! We're down to Paige and Katelyn, and I really don't understand who is voting for Paige. She is NOT. GOOD. Poor Katelyn gets the shaft and probably regrets ever knowing the lyrics to "I Feel The Earth Move." Bye Katelyn.

BREAKING NEWS--the first theme week is Rolling Stones music. Which, like the Beatles, could either be awesome or an epic fail.

Now the first round of guys. Seacrest calls Tim, Todrick, Lee and Casey to the floor. After some jacking around with Casey about Kara, he's the first guy through. Tim is also through, and looks like he doesn't believe it. We're down to Todrick and Lee, and come on....Lee totally should be in. And he is!! Todrick is finally OUT! YESSSSS.

After the break, we've got Scotty and Matty G. on pianos singing Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It"--this could actually be kind of good. And it's pretty awesome. Scott sounds better tonight than he EVER did on any night last season. We love you Matt! Call us!

We're back, and time for more results. Crystal's up and is through, of course. Yay Crystal! Big Mike's turn, and he's looking at Kara like, please don't start crying again. Also he's wearing some crazy cool medallions. And he's in! Seacrest basically calls him a fat ass and tells him to go see if he can fit in a stool. That's like this year's high fiving of the blind guy.

Lacey's up--if she's in, Katie Stevens is totally out. I can't be lucky enough to lose Todrick AND weird Lilly in one night. And Lacey is in. Meh. I have no idea how she even made it past week one, but she's not that offensive to me, I guess. Puppy Aaron's turn with Ryan. Ew, he talks about how he grew up watching this show, which makes me feel old and shrively. Aaron's through, which is not surprising even though he kind of blew last night.

So we're down to Lilly and Katie and Andrew and Alex. The guys go to Ryan first. I have a feeling it might be the end of the road for Andrew. I like both of these guys, I'll be sad to see either of them go. Oooh, I'm surprised, Andrew is in! I feel kind of bad for Alex, that lil mullet was growing on me. Aww, he's crying. This breaks my heart, he's such a sweet lil guy.

Finally, down to the last two girls. Lilly and Katie. I mean, Lilly gets on my last nerve, but Katie really REALLY sucked on Tuesday, so who knows? What the shit is Lilly wearing, seriously. That totally looks like a tunic that she's trying to pull off as a dress. I can almost see her world. Shudder. And.....KATIE IS IN?? NO WAY. We actually got rid of two people who I couldn't stand tonight??? Honestly, between Lilly/Crystal/Siobhan, there were split votes between their type of "uniqueness" and I guess it's not that surprising that Lilly's out.

So we've got our top 12! Tune in Tuesday for Rolling Stones theme night. We'll laugh, we'll cry, and our jaws will drop in awe and disgust, but maybe not as much because Todrick's gone, hahaha. Later gators!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Talkin bout chest hair... Talkin bout crazy cool medallions!

Unknown said...

The blind guy high five is my most favoritest Seacrest moment in the short time I have paid attention to this show. Thank you so much for referencing it, Linny!